from AKANI CHAUKE in Johannesburg, South Africa
JOHANNESBURG, (CAJ News) – SOME perennial favourites are shortlisted for the annual AfricaCom Awards set for Cape Town later this month.
Among the multiple nominees are Econet, Huawei, MTN and Orange.
Supported by Founding Awards Sponsor, PCCW Global, the awards will be held on November 14 in the coastal South African city.
The awards evening will be among the highlights of the AfricaCom’s 21st birthday.
Tom Cuthell, Portfolio Director at KNect365, said the AfricaCom Awards grew in stature each year as a direct result of the quality of the works that are submitted for consideration.
KNect365 are organisers of AfricaCom.
Cuthell said the ever-evolving digital ecosphere had led to some exceptional innovation in the sector, which in turn had advanced Africa’s own digital revolution.
“It gives us great pleasure as organisers of AfricaCom and the Awards, to acknowledge those who are truly connecting the continent,” he said.
Organisers said with an overwhelming number of excellent entries, the selection process had been even more challenging than previous years.
Best Network Improvement
• Liquid Telecom – Completion of the Cape to Cairo fibre route
• Parallel Wireless – Enabling cost-effective 2G/3G/4G to bridge the digital divide in Africa
• Orange – MOSAÏC
• Ericsson & MTN Rwanda – The Best Performing Networks with MTN Rwanda
• Huawei Technologies – Africa 1st Lampsite Pro network
• Mauritius Telecom – Single RAN Implementation
Delivering Excellence in Customer Experience
• Huawei Technologies – Customer Experience Management (CEM) for Ghana
• Keyrus & Dassault Systemes – OmniFlow
• Nokia and MTN CEM – MTN Nigeria Deploys Nokia’s Software to Deliver a Superior Subscriber Experience
• Orange – One Customer One Offer
• Secure-D powered by Upstream – Secure-D
• Mahindra Comviva – iPACS Unified CRM and Sales and Distribution products and the MobiLytix ™ Campaign Management and Digital Care
Fintech Innovation Award
• Econet Wireless (Cassava Fintech) and Mahindra Comviva – EcoCash Merchant Payments powered by mobiquity Money
• Famoco – Famoco QR Payment Gateway
Most Innovative use of AI Technology
• Huawei Technologies – Huawei PowerStar
• ETIYA – ETIYA Customer Service Management
• Ericsson and Orange Botswana – MATE Automation rule for Topological Correlation for Orange Botswana
• Simfony – Immediate IoT Infrastructure
Most Innovative Service
• Orange – Rural Electrification
• Ericsson – Ericsson Weather Data- Casting Rainfall
• Huawei Technologies – Huawei’s WTTx Solution
• Mauritius Telecom with Huawei – The Next Generation 4K IPTV Service
• Orange – M-VACCIN
• Orange – Orange School
• BRCK – Moja WiFi
Changing Lives Award
• Ericsson and Wot-if? Trust – eHUB Diepsloot South Africa
• MTN & HUAWEI – RuralStar – Connecting the Unconnected
• Econet Wireless (Cassava Fintech) and Mahindra Comviva – EcoCash powered by mobiquity Money
• Liquid Telecom – Pan-African Innovation Partnership Programme
• Famoco – Famoco digital wallets to transform Development Aid in Emerging Markets
• Spreadtrum Communications (Shanghai) Co.,Ltd. – SC7731E
• Orange – Orange School
• MTN Uganda, Intelsat and ITSO – Mobile Reach Solar 3G
IoT Product Service of the Year
• Yego Innovision Limited – Yegomoto
• SqwidNet – IoT Product or Service of the Year
• Orange – Smart Metering
• Orange – X-Agri
• UROS – UROS Smart Water Cycle
• Tata Communications – Tata Communications MOVE
Best Innovation in Digital Entertainment Solution
• Kwesé iflix – Best Innovation in Digital Entertainment
• Kwesé Play Limited – Kwesé Play (Roku Powered)
• Mauritius Telecom & Huawei – The Next Generation 4K IPTV Service
• Telecoming – Zaplium
AfricaCom Enterprise CXO of the Year Awards –
AfricaCom CXO of the Year Award
Orange Social Venture Prize.
– CAJ News